How long will I be in the hospital?
You can expect to be in hospital for five to seven days.
What should I take with me?
Remember to bring the following items with you into the hospital:
- A toiletry bag containing soap, a face cloth/sponge, toothbrush and toothpaste, shampoo and conditioner, deodorant, shaving kit etc
- Dressing gown
- Slippers that are easy to put on, preferably non-slip.
- Spare clothes for ‘dressing practise’ and a set of clothes in which to go home.
- Books or magazines
- Reading glasses
- Relevant telephone contact numbers.
- Two or three front-fastening, knee length nightgowns. Long ones restrict movement.
- A few changes of comfortable underwear, but not panty-girdles.
- Two or three pairs of pyjamas
- A few pairs of boxer shorts or underpants